- Management of the Ark community centre
- Management of the recreation ground, reporting any faults, letting the court and football pitch
- Providing and managing the allotment site
- Street lighting
- Grants to local organisations
- Village Greens
- Seats, Bus shelter, litter bins and village notice board
- Issue of concessionary travel passes
- The Civic Award
- Village Design Statement and Neighbourhood Plan
- Recommendations concerning local planning applications
- Maintaining Withypitts Pond
Responsibilities of the RFO and Clerk
The Parish Clerk is responsible for the day to day running of the Parish Council. The Clerk’s duties are wide ranging and include taking minutes of all council meetings, researching and advising the members on legal procedures as pertains to Parish Councils, progressing projects, and liaising with various agencies and the public.
The Responsible Financial Officer (RFO) prepares the accounts, payroll and budget.